Entry Level Receptionist Resume Objective
Receptionists have the duty of answering questions and providing information to the general public, visitors, customers and anyone else who inquires about the organization. When you apply for an Entry Level Receptionist position, your resume objective needs to persuade the hiring manager to read the rest of your resume and that you are the best applicant for the job.
What The Entry Level Receptionist Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
In addition to answering questions, an Entry Level Receptionist will also be in charge of other tasks. These can include scheduling meetings, planning events, operating daily inventory records, faxing, filing and helping other members of the company when needed. Excellent data entry and typing skills are required as well as superb written communication skills. Since you will be interacting with many different types of people, you need to have great customer service skills. With the right combination of talents and experiences, a prospective employer will know that you are the best person for the position.
Sample Entry Level Receptionist Resume Objectives
A vital detail to include in your objective statement is the name of the company. This shows the hiring manager that you are sincerely interested in working at the organization. Here are a few examples that can be customized for your resume:
1. Utilize excellent typing and data entry capabilities for the benefit of ABC company as an Entry Level Receptionist.
2. Obtain an Entry Level Receptionist position at ABC company to use experiences with faxing, filing and scheduling meetings.
3. Seeking employment as an Entry Level Receptionist to apply customer service and communication skills at ABC company.
4. Looking for a position at ABC company as an Entry Level Receptionist to utilize degree in business administration as well as experience with coordinating events to assist in the productivity of the organization.
5. Organized individual with 10+ years of experience in operating telephone switchboards, providing information to guests and performing basic administrative tasks seeking an Entry Level Receptionist position at ABC company.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
High school student resume objective examples
Having little work experience shouldn't deter you from making a work objective. Use this section to help highlight the skills that make you unique.
There's plenty of competition for jobs for high school students, so you want to make sure you stand out from the crowd. A resume objective can help. Just like landlines and print maps, resume objectives may seem old fashioned—career summaries are more common nowadays—but they can come in handy in certain cases and may help your student resume stand out from fellow job applicants.
Sample retail position objectives
If you are looking to apply for a part-time position at a retail store, use the following objective examples as a guide to help you create one that works for you.
- Reliable, mature, and creative high school junior seeking a part-time retail sales associate position with a growing clothing company to gain experience and insight into the fashion industry for a future career in fashion and design.
- Mature and reliable high school senior looking for a part-time retail position with a desire to learn as much as possible about customer service and management for a future career in retail management.
- Reliable, respectful, and mature high school senior seeking a challenging position as a customer service representative in a local store setting.
Sample food services position objective
Most high school students tend to apply for a food services position. Stand out from the other high school students by adding a resume objective to your food services application. The following are a few examples of resumes objectives for high school students.
- Seeking a server position where I can use my exceptional customer service skills to enhance and elevate the customer's dining experience.
- Responsible and reliable high school senior seeking a cashier position at a popular, local restaurant.
- Reliable high school junior seeking a busboy position in a busy, but inviting restaurant atmosphere.
- High school senior seeking cashier position where I can use my exceptional mathematics and customer service skills to best serve the customer.
Sample lifeguard position objective
If you are looking to apply for a lifeguard position, your resume objective should mention any and all certifications you have received. Here are some examples of what to include.
- Hardworking high school senior seeking a lifeguard position. I am CPR-certified and hope to put my years of competitive swimming experience to good use.
- Responsible high school student seeking junior lifeguard position where I can become properly certified and learn what it takes to become a senior lifeguard.